Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment which uses a scalpel to remove the top layer of dull skin and the fluffy vellus hairs, resulting in a smooth and bright complexion.
Other benefits include boosted radiance, refined skin texture, reduced pore size, fine lines and wrinkles look smoother, facial contours look more defined (face looks slimmer), make up goes on flawlessly, products are absorbed more easily meaning you get better results and use less, stimulates collagen production, and that’s just some of the incredible benefits. Most clients will notice an all round improvement in every aspect of their skin.
One thing I am regularly asked about dermaplaning is ‘will my hair grow back thicker or darker?’. The answer is no, the hair will grow back the same as it always was. It will have a blunt end instead of the super fine tapered end that you’re used to, but the hair growth itself won’t change.
Dermaplaning is great for most skin types and is even suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing. Clients that may not be suitable for treatment include those with active acne breakout and men with heavy facial hair. Sometimes clients with oily skin find that dermaplaning can make their skin seem more oily because there is no longer any vellus hair to soak up the sebum, and they may experience breakouts so I prefer to avoid on oily skin. If you are taking blood thinning medication or acne medication unfortunately this treatment is not suitable for you. As always you should discuss any medication, skin conditions, allergies or skin sensitivities before booking a treatment. I have a range of other options so there is something to suit everybody.
You can book this treatment online, if you have any questions get in touch.
Before and after
Look at the reduction in lines around this clients eyes and overall improved skin appearance after a deluxe dermaplaning treatment.
Top Picture: before.
Bottom picture: after.
Dermaplaning pre and post care
Before your appointment;
- Please discuss with Kate any medication or skin conditions before booking your appointment. Clients taking blood thinners or acne medication are u able to have this treatment.
- Please don’t use any exfoliating products for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Thick hairs will need to be removed prior to treatment, by tweezing, threading or waxing.
After your appointment;
- Use SPF daily whatever the weather
- Avoid touching your face. If you really want to touch it please make sure you have clean hands.
- NO SUNBEDS for at least 7 days
- Avoid swimming, sauna, steam for 48 hours
- Please DO NOT exfoliate for at least 7 days after your dermaplaning treatment. This includes the use of anything with grains or rough wash cloths and peels. There is just no need, as all dead skin cells have been removed at your appointment.
- Mineral make up can be applied straight away, other make up is best left til the following day. Whichever it is please CLEAN your makeup brushes/tools before using them after your treatment. They should be being cleaned every couple of days anyway!
- If you have any other facial treatments before or after having Dermaplaning please advise me prior to your appointment. As you may over stimulate your skin and result in an adverse reaction. If you are having dermaplaning as a one off you may resume normal activity after 7 days.
- For some clients your skin may look or feel a little sensitive after your treatment. Any redness or tingling will subside by the end of the day. It is just a temporary reaction from the stimulation of the treatment.
Depending on your skin type it is safe to have Dermaplaning every 4-6 weeks of you wish, or occasionally some conditions may be treated fortnightly as an intense course
click the image to enlarge